Last month, our in-house video team, Vidzu Media, created a fast-paced, informative video for Alive Magazine. The video was designed to highlight Alive’s mission, the events and the opportunities the magazine brings its readers and advertisers. This is a perfect example of how businesses are communicating their capabilities on the web and on mobile platforms. Click the picture below to view the video.
Gone are the days where you need to memorize dozens of equations or stop and create a diagram to figure out capacity or seating. Super Planner is an app for the professional event planner which provides a variety of planning tools, including calculators for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection and dance floor, as well as useful tips in several areas. Features include:
– Calculate venue capacity for 15 different seating configurations, including banquet, classroom, theater, reception, conference & exhibit. Includes “comfy” and “snug” calculations for several configurations.
– Capacity calculator works in reverse too. Enter your desired capacity in a specific seating configuration and it tells you how big a room you need.
– Capacity calculator works for both feet and meters.
– Dance floor size calculator.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
– Price Converter, from “inclusive (of tax and gratuity)” to “plus plus”. Factors in for whether gratuity is taxed or not. Works in reverse as well.
– Calculates # of hors d’oeuvres needed for various events.
– Calculates # of drinks needed for various events.
– Chart lists# of drinks per bottle for wine, champagne, 750ml liquor, and liter liquor.
– Table chart listing linen sizes needed for each table size, as well as how many people fit at each one.
– Diagram of formal place setting.
– Calculator for # of waiters based on 5 different service styles.
– Calculator for # of bartenders needed.
– Calculator for # of check-in staff needed.
– Projection Seating calculator for how close first and last row of seats should be based on your screen size.
– Projection Space calculator for how much space needed between projector and screen. Provides a basic calculation, as well as an advanced calculation (based on focal length and projector depth).
– Staging diagram, showing locations for “stage left/right”, “up-stage/down-stage”, “house left/right”.
– Stage height calculator.
– 13 Powerpoint/Keynote design tips.
– 15 Projection tips, including:
— When to use front vs. rear projection
— When to use iMag (image magnification)
– Assorted other tips on sound and speaker prep.
Check it out on the iTunes store.
Virgin Hotels opened its first property last month in the heart of the Loop, a culmination of a long-running renovation of a Chicago landmark. The 26-story Virgin Hotels Chicago consists of 250 guests rooms, starting at $209 a night, including 40 single-room suites and two penthouse suites. Located at 203 N. Wabash Ave., the hotel occupies what was the Old Dearborn Bank Building.
Arguably every hotel tries to make guests feel special and at home, but the new Virgin model walks the walk. WiFi is included—download all the movies you want, just as if you were on your sofa at home. Minibar’s come stocked but at authentic prices (charging what you’d pay for a coke as if you were shopping at home), and rooms (or chambers as Virgin likes to call them) come furnished with a patent-pending lounging bed, making them most likely better than what you have at home.
The hotel’s Commons Club is another unique Virgin concept, open to guests and locals, it’s meant to be many things all at once. It’s a place to put away your device and mingle, enjoy a good read, or grab a bite. Virgin Hotels calls it a “dynamic hybrid of bar/lounge, laid-back study and restaurant – all with the vibe of a private members club.” The space promises to be intriguing with a restored ceiling (circa 1928), bar, lounge, library and TV room.
Miss Ricky’s is a classic American diner (opening in March) on the first floor. The vibe aims to be hip, yet “gritty” serving breakfast anytime along with snacks and grilled entrees. Two Zero Three is the hotel’s coffee and wine bar, and Rooftop, an indoor/outdoor space with Chicago city views, cocktails, and Izakaya-inspired dishes. Virgin Hotel Chicago offers several spaces to rent for functions such as meetings, weddings and private parties. The Manor is an ideal space for a meeting of the minds or a large social gathering for 120 people. The Sandbox is a brilliantly intimate space for meeting with colleagues or socializing among peers which seats 75 people. The founders Room is perfect for a collaborative meeting or elegant dinner around a cherished oak table for 12 people.
Freelusion is the world’s first 3D video mapping dance group. Freelusion combines 3D graphics and projection technology with spectacular dance choreography. The high quality video mapping content mixed with high-end dance talent culminates in an amazing visual on-stage experience.
For the past six years, the group has been traveling around the world delivering incredible performances from Los Angeles to Tokyo. In addition, Freelusion has appeared on world-class talent and television shows like America’s Got Talent, Britain’s Got Talent and many others. Freelusion is actively booking corporate and private engagements in the USA and Asia.
For more information, email us at email@example.com