EVENT TECH: SUPER PLANNER APP
Gone are the days where you need to memorize dozens of equations or stop and create a diagram to figure out capacity or seating. Super Planner is an app for the professional event planner which provides a variety of planning tools, including calculators for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection and dance floor, as well as useful tips in several areas. Features include:
– Calculate venue capacity for 15 different seating configurations, including banquet, classroom, theater, reception, conference & exhibit. Includes “comfy” and “snug” calculations for several configurations.
– Capacity calculator works in reverse too. Enter your desired capacity in a specific seating configuration and it tells you how big a room you need.
– Capacity calculator works for both feet and meters.
– Dance floor size calculator.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
– Price Converter, from “inclusive (of tax and gratuity)” to “plus plus”. Factors in for whether gratuity is taxed or not. Works in reverse as well.
– Calculates # of hors d’oeuvres needed for various events.
– Calculates # of drinks needed for various events.
– Chart lists# of drinks per bottle for wine, champagne, 750ml liquor, and liter liquor.
– Table chart listing linen sizes needed for each table size, as well as how many people fit at each one.
– Diagram of formal place setting.
– Calculator for # of waiters based on 5 different service styles.
– Calculator for # of bartenders needed.
– Calculator for # of check-in staff needed.
– Projection Seating calculator for how close first and last row of seats should be based on your screen size.
– Projection Space calculator for how much space needed between projector and screen. Provides a basic calculation, as well as an advanced calculation (based on focal length and projector depth).
– Staging diagram, showing locations for “stage left/right”, “up-stage/down-stage”, “house left/right”.
– Stage height calculator.
– 13 Powerpoint/Keynote design tips.
– 15 Projection tips, including:
— When to use front vs. rear projection
— When to use iMag (image magnification)
– Assorted other tips on sound and speaker prep.
Check it out on the iTunes store.